You are the voice. We are the echo.
The Echo
Taylor University, Upland, IN
Friday, April 26, 2024
The Echo
intramurals.jpg

The up-to-date Trojan: from student body leader

Over the last month, our teams at Taylor Student Organizations have been busy planning and preparing for various events on campus. 

Student Activity Council successfully hosted the 21st annual MyGen. SAC is now working on the upcoming destress week, the week before the finals. 

Integration of Faith & Culture (IFC) also showed off student creativity through the annual event Fabrica. On Friday, Nov. 18 they held a showing of the movie “Everything Everywhere All At Once.”

Birrama Creative collaborated with IFC to create Collide Magazine, the Taylor University student publication exploring the collision of faith and culture, visualized through art and design.

Global Engagement hosted Prayer for the World to open time to better understand the world right now as well as to give a space for people to pray for certain groups and issues around the world. Global Engagement also collaborated with the Office of Intercultural Program’s (OIP) Middle East Collegiate Association to bring in a couple of different local organizations that work with refugee populations in Indiana to share about what they do and how students can get involved.

Student Senate subcommittees are asking for student opinions on various issues, including asking international students about their experiences on campus. 

Intramurals wrapped up its soccer season; congrats to the winning team of First East Wengatz for the Men’s league and the Goal Diggers (of OIP) for the co-ed league (shout out to our VP, Josue!). Intramural’s upcoming event is a collaboration between OIP and Intramurals, hosting the World Cup watch party starting on Nov. 20.

Inter-Class Council is putting on a Very Lindsay Christmas, the afterparty post-Silent Night; in this event, Pres. Lindsay will read Christmas stories to the students.

TSO executive cabinet had dinner with OIP student leaders, sharing tamales and fellowship to create new friendships and spark future collaborations as sister organizations.

The office of the Student Body President and TSO as a whole hopes to continue to enrich student life on campus as Taylor wraps up this semester and begins J-Term and second semester.