Do you ever get sick of eating the same grilled chicken and cereal from the Dining Commons and just want to cook something different on your own? Here is a list of some of the best go-to dorm recipes to diversify your daily diet!
Cheesy Broccoli Pasta
Any type of pasta
Olive oil or butter
Your choice of shredded cheese
Heat pasta and water in a microwavable bowl. To determine the time, add roughly 2–3 minutes to the time the pasta lists on the box.
Strain pasta and add cooked broccoli.
Mix in 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or butter).
Finally, add a handful of your favorite cheese. We think mozzarella and parmesan are the best for this in particular.
Chicken or beef (optional)
1. Rub both sides of the two tortillas with olive oil.
2. Lay one tortilla down on a microwave safe plate and add cheese (taco blend or other), spices of your choice and any extras like chicken or beef.
3. Cover with the second tortilla and microwave for 30–40 seconds. Optional: keep a moist paper towel over the top of the quesadilla in the microwave to keep it extra moist.
4. Add sour cream, chips, salsa and enjoy!
Breakfast Cookie in a Mug
Ingredients:½ medium banana
1 ½ tablespoons peanut butter
½ tablespoon honey (or agave)
1 tablespoon milk
4 tablespoons oats (rolled or quick oats)
1 tablespoon raisins (seeds or nuts)
1. Mash the banana well with a fork in a large microwavable mug.
2. Stir in the peanut butter, milk and honey and mix well together.
3. Add in the oats and raisins and stir until combined.
4. Microwave for 45 seconds – 1 minute or until firm to the touch on top.
5. Enjoy warm!
Get creative with these tasty recipes in your own dorm. If you feel like you’ve mastered these recipes, Pinterest is chock-full of other dorm recipes to try!